LEGAL EXPERTISE AND REPRESENTATION EXPERIENCE
WE OFFER RELIABLE LEGAL COUNSEL
- Recently, we represented a software developer in a mandatory mediation preceding a litigation. We had included a mandatory mediation provision in the contract that we had structured and prepared. The customer argued that our software did not work and wanted a refund of the license and installation fee. We spun that around and showed that we were about to counter with a very valid multi-million dollar claim. Some weeks thereafter, the customer fired its chief witness. No litigation ensued.
- Our Client had the opportunity to increase his practice and needed us to rapidly review and negotiate the real estate lease. We were able to get him a bargain --- we got him low rent at a premium location, early termination provisions, and terms which saved him money and protected him and his practice, all in a very short amount of time.
WE REPRESENT AGGRESSIVELY IN COURT
- Court of Appeals victory on matter involving trade secret, proprietary information, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-solicitation, and customer list at United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- Judgment for our Client exceeding $3Million in securities fraud case.
- FINRA arbitration victory and punitive damages award on securities litigation claim involving churning and unauthorized trades.
- Summary judgment victory on discrimination defense at United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- Successful mediations at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission EEOC involving race and gender claims.
- Summary judgment victory at Fulton County Superior Court on matters involving trade secret, proprietary information, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-solicitation, and customer list.
We provide clear, fast counsel on employment, EEOC mediation, EEOC training, discrimination defense, employment classification, contractors, 1099s, employment contracts, and avoiding wage & hourly claims.
With litigation, arbitration, and mediation victories in the millions, the Fernandez Law Firm has tremendous success with business litigation at the trial and appellate level in Georgia State, Superior, and Federal courts.
The Fernandez Law Firm has tremendous experience in the negotiation and structuring of B2B and B2C contracts, agreements, and software licenses designed to minimize risk and uncertainty and maximize value.
WE MAXIMIZE YOUR BUSINESS'S VALUE BY DOING THINGS THE RIGHT WAY
Did you know that Bill Gates had a really good lawyer? It was his father - William Gates, Sr. Apparently, dad had his son's back. We certainly do not promise you will have that success - but it is something to think about. What if your business had a lawyer that came in and helped you get every single one of your contracts correct, and advised you generally what direction to take? What if you did everything properly…the first time? What if you knew there was no (or that you had very little) liability lurking in your contracts, treatment of employees, and your business overall? Wouldn't that feel very good? And wouldn't that save you a lot of money?
Then, think about the next iteration --- maybe you want to sell your business someday and retire. When the prospective purchaser pulls your files and reviews your contracts, what does that reveal? Are the most valuable contracts secured? Can the employees leave and compete? Do you have policies and procedures regarding your customer lists and important proprietary and confidential data. If you have nailed down all of these details, you can maximize your purchase price, and minimize the chance that you will have to repay some of the purchase price in a subsequent indemnification. We are here for the long haul. This is what we do. Privately and confidentially.
It is no surprise that taking disputes to litigation can be expensive and time consuming. That is why our first course of action in all cases is to explore more efficient options to resolve the matter before it reaches court. Based on our rich litigation and legal representation experience, we have found that the opposing party will more readily settle out-of-court when they are aware that you have a tough, aggressive lawyer with a successful track record in litigating cases. That describes our lead attorney, Margaret Fernandez, perfectly. She has represented Clients with skill and passion in both state and federal courts, and has a great deal of courtroom confidence in even the most challenging cases. She thrives on devising innovative strategies to resolve disputes in our Clients' favor.