THE FERNANDEZ LAW FIRM’S
WE OFFER RELIABLE LEGAL COUNSEL
- Recently, we represented a software developer in a mandatory mediation, which preceded litigation. We had included a mandatory mediation provision in the contract that we had structured and prepared. The software developer’s customer argued that the software did not work and wanted a refund of the license and installation fee. We were able to show that we were ready to counter with a very valid, multi-million dollar claim. Some weeks thereafter, the customer fired its chief witness, and no litigation ensued.
- Our client had the opportunity to increase his practice and needed us to rapidly review and negotiate the real estate lease. We were able to get a bargain for him. He received low rent at a premium location, early termination provisions, and additional terms which saved him money and protected his practice, all in a very short amount of time.
WE REPRESENT AGGRESSIVELY IN COURT
- We won a victory at the Court of Appeals on a matter involving trade secret, proprietary information, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-solicitation, and a customer list at the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- We won a judgment for our client for more than $3 million in a securities fraud case.
- We earned a FINRA arbitration victory and punitive damages award on securities litigation claim involving churning and unauthorized trades.
- Our firm won a summary judgment victory on discrimination defense at the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- We had successful mediations at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) involving race and gender claims.
- Our law firm won a summary judgment victory at Fulton County Superior Court on matters involving trade secret, proprietary information, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-solicitation, and a customer list.
The Fernandez Law Firm represents new businesses and startups, including new incorporations, new LLCs, and disruptive technologies.
Our legal firm quickly forms new corporations & LLCs for technology startups, new medical practices, and dental practices.
Timing is essential to new technologies, new innovation, and new intellectual property. You want to act quickly and capitalize on your ideas immediately.
We provide clear, timely counsel on employment, EEOC mediation, EEOC training, discrimination defense, employment classification, contractors, 1099s, employment contracts, and how to avoid both wage and hourly claims.
With litigation, arbitration, and mediation victories in the millions, the Fernandez Law Firm has tremendous success with business litigation at both the trial and appellate level in Georgia State, Superior, and Federal courts.
The Fernandez Law Firm has tremendous experience in the negotiation and structuring of B2B and B2C contracts, agreements, and software licenses, which are designed to minimize risk and uncertainty, and maximize value.
We can assist you with the negotiation of Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDD). Franchise business formation, real-estate consulting, financing, employment matters, accounting, tax, and regulations are just a few more of the legal aspects with which we can help.
Our firm is well-regarded at handling business mergers and acquisitions. We have also taught classes for continuing legal education as well as seminars on mergers and acquisitions for other legal professionals.
WE MAXIMIZE THE VALUE OF YOUR BUSINESS BY DOING THINGS THE RIGHT WAY
Did you know that Bill Gates had a really good lawyer? His father, William Gates, Sr., had his son’s back. We certainly do not promise that you will have similar success, but what if your business had a lawyer that came in and helped you get every single one of your contracts correct, and advised you generally which direction to take? What if you did everything properly the first time? What if you knew there was no (or very little) liability lurking in your contracts, treatment of employees, and your business overall? Wouldn’t that feel good? Wouldn’t that save you a lot of money?
Maybe you want to sell your business someday and retire. When the prospective purchaser pulls your files and reviews your contracts, what will that reveal? Are the most valuable contracts secured? Can the employees leave and compete? Do you have policies and procedures regarding your customer lists and important proprietary and confidential data? If you have nailed down all of these details, then you can maximize your purchase price, and minimize the chance that you will have to repay some of the purchase price in a subsequent indemnification. This is the kind of service that we offer.
It should come as no surprise that taking disputes to litigation can be expensive and time-consuming. That is why our first course of action in every case is to explore more efficient options that might resolve the matter before it reaches court. Based on our rich experience in litigation and legal representation, we have found that the opposing party will more readily settle out-of-court when they are aware that you have a tough, aggressive lawyer with a successful track record in litigation. This description fits our lead attorney, Margaret Fernandez, perfectly. She represents clients in both state and federal courts with skill and passion. Margaret has a great deal of courtroom confidence in even the most challenging cases. She thrives on devising innovative strategies to resolve disputes in our clients’ favor.